Weld requirements in pipe prefabrication
Not long ago, Haihao Group just completed the delivery of prefabricated parts to Chilean customers. To a certain extent, pipeline prefabrication is actually the welding of tube and tube, tube and flange, tube and elbow, tube and tee, etc. Therefore, the level of welding quality in the prefabrication process directly affects the completion effect of the prefabricated parts. Today, Haihao shares with you the requirements for welding seams in the prefabrication process.
1. The distance between the two circumferential seams on the straight pipe section should not be less than 3 times the thickness of the weldment, and when post-weld heat treatment is required, it should not be less than 6 times the thickness of the weldment, and when the nominal diameter DN ≥ 150mm, it should not be less than 150mm. When DN<150mm, it should not be less than the outer diameter of the pipe, and not less than 50mm;
2. Except for the use of shaped elbows, the distance between the welding seam and the bending point of the elbow shall not be less than 100mm, and shall not be less than the outer diameter of the pipe;
3. The distance between the ring weld and the hanger should not be less than 50mm, and the distance between the weld to be heat treated should not be less than 5 times the width of the weld, and should not be less than 100mm;
4. The pipe weld should not be set in the casing;
5. No holes shall be made on the pipeline welds and their edges, otherwise the welded joints within the range of 1 times the diameter of the openings shall be subjected to 100% radiographic inspection.
Haihao Group is a professional enterprise specializing in the production and operation of flanges, steel pipes, pipe fittings, elbows, tees and other pipeline engineering supporting products. At the same time, we have an experienced welding technical team and advanced automatic welding equipment. These advantages ensure that Haihao can complete the order production of various types of pipe prefabrication. Welcome customers who need pipeline engineering supporting products to consult us at any time.